Sunday, March 2, 2008

What is Not Right In Malaysia #1

This is just gonna be a collection of what I experienced in Malaysia and found NOT right with it.
Malaysia does have its perks and its a beautiful country in some aspects.

I'll focus on the everyday life an happenings and its people. But of course, I do fully realize that what I point out here, do not apply to all citizens of this country.

What is Not Right In Malaysia #1


I was in my parents car on the way to a wedding dinner last evening. It was approximately 6:45pm.

But alas, my mum took the wrong turn and we ended up at the parking lot of Wilayah Complex. After discovering we were at the wrong building, we proceeded to head out of the parking. At the booth, we had to pay RM5 !! Now, we were in there for less than 5 minutes!!

So yea, I was grumpy, five ringgit gone yadda yadda no problems because its our fault we took the wrong turn. But I snapped when I saw the board next to the booth. Entries under 15 minutes are FOC...

And that wasn't it. When we informed the booth keeper that we were only in there for 5 minutes, he said he couldn't refund us because he had already keyed it in. So my mum demanded the receipt from him for tax reasons.

And next, ladies and gentlemen, is What is Not Right In Malaysia #1.

The people, are not trustworthy and are not serious about their jobs, for lack of a better word and description.

The receipt he handed us, stated that we entered the building at 7:02 pm! Checking the clock, it was only 6:45pm.

How did we move 17 minutes into the future? Not only that, it also stated that our stay was up to 7:09pm. That was still beneath 15 minutes wasn't it?

It was quite aggravating. Having to pay RM5 wasn't what angered me, but the fact that the workers here do not take their work seriously and have absolutely no clue about what they are doing is what angers me!! The booth keeper should realize that under 15minutes was FOC! Even if he did not knew when it was that we entered, which he clearly did as he saw us entering, he should at least check first before charging.

So, next time if you guys ever visit a Malaysian parking lot, be sure to demand the booth keeper to double check the time.

No comments:

Products